Mountain Pose (Tadasana) can be seen as the essence of stability and foundation while grounding and aligning. Swami Kriyananda explained in his book The Art and Science of Raja Yoga, “that the most important yoga posture is the ability to stand on your own two feet.” I wholeheartedly believe some of the simplest yoga poses are the most impactful. In Ayurveda energy healing this asana balances the Vata and Pitta dosha, and activates all five elements with a focus on Earth and Ether.
Mountain pose can be used in physical therapy and Hatha Restorative Yoga to help treat depression, alignments, and even carpel tunnel syndrome. According to medical research in Yoga as Medicine, when you stand in Mountain pose with your biceps and thumbs face forward and your palms face your thighs. The body is in neutral alignment, while here you can feel the muscles that flex your wrist. From this position you can do other beneficial asanas that heal wrist compressions, joint issues etc.
Tadasana is a standing asana that is perfect for doing self-assessment as you engage your muscles, limbs, and energies from your toes to your crown; all while firmly rooted embracing mother earth. A sturdy mountain is a foundation for other healing asanas to flow and transition with.
To Do Mountain Pose
- Stand upright with your feet parallel and hoop width apart, you arms alongside your body. Engage your feet by lifting and spreading your toes, feel the four corners of your feet and start to anchor to the earth. Your toes are the roots that start the grounding process.
- As you ground your feet feel the heaviness of gravity, acknowledge the weight. Build the strength to strength to carry the weight by engaging your legs. Fully breath from the belly, and activate the core muscles.
- Continue breathing life while actively engaging your muscles with each mindful breathe thoughts of self confidence and resilience strengthen your mind and body. Just as a mountain stands strong and firm in any storm, you can do it too! Take several breathes to engulf in all of the powerful qualities of a mountain, and become your own embodiment of that power.
- If you would like to do a modification to expand your breathing by opening your torso, lift your hands above your head parallel, or V shaped as needed to keep your shoulders relaxed and away from your ears. Breath Deep and let the Prana flow to nourish your energies.
- Release the pose and reflect on your power, brilliance, and strength.
𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕫𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕫𝕚𝕟𝕘 grounding affirmations daily is a perfect way to maintain good Root Chakra health and positively charged Prana. Here are a few of my favorite affirmations that help me stay grounded and ready for what the Universe offers. Feel free to bookmark save this blog as a reference whenever you need a quick rejuvenation reminder.
Comment and share any affirmations you say that ground and center your mental attitude.
Aromatherapy formulated by The Yogi Closet is always a good vibe when doing meditation, yoga, and energy work. The Chakra Aromatherapy collection is formulated and crafted with Ayurveda herbology and aromatic sensory engagement your chakra bodies will love.
Check out the Root + Muladhara soy candle.
Root Chakra Aromatherapy Scented Soy Candles | Coconut Verbena Basil Essential Oil Candle | The Yogi Closet
The Root Chakra aromatherapy scented soy candles are handcrafted with Coconut Verbena Natural Fragrance with Basil and Cedarwood Essential Oils to help ground and settle your root chakra energy. This smooth earthy herbal aroma blend is perfect for use during your meditation practice and self-care sessions.
Aromatherapy Essential Oils and Fragrances
• Top Note – Coconut Lime Verbena
• Middle Notes – Basil
• Base Note – Cedarwood